Liebster Award Winners!!
The Wild Smithberrys was nominated by Clay and Kim of Weir’s World for the Liebster Award and we are very honored. With so much competition in the travel blogging world, we are excited to receive some recognition. We have been traveling for the past 6 years and love to share our experience and hard earned learning lessons. We thank you very much, Weir’s World!
So, what is the Liebster Award and how does it work?
It’s an award given from one blogger to another, designed to recognize new blogs and welcome them to the world of blogging! Basically a nice gesture of appreciation! Once nominated, you thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site. Then you answer the 10 questions they created for you. And finally, nominate your favorite blogs for the award and come up with 10 questions for them to answer! Simple!
1. Where is at the top of your travel bucket list?
- Curtis: Africa Savannah because growing up I saw many pictures of animals and the landscape but have never been. It represents one of the most exotic areas of the world.
- Mishele: I will have to agree with Curtis, Africa! I guess we are going soon!
- Aaron: Scotland
- Elijah: Himalayan foothills in Nepal.
2. If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- Curtis: Fly, because I am scared to death of hitting air turbulence when flying.
- Mishele: The ability to convince the world to take positive action against pollution, inequality of education and survival of ALL species.
- Aaron: The power to be invisible when no one is looking at you.
- Elijah: Indestructibility
3. If you could only travel by one means of transport for all your journeys, which would it be?
- Curtis: BMW GS 1200 Adventure motorcycle
- Mishele: A good pair of running shoes so I don’t miss a thing.
- Aaron: Sketchers with wheels
- Elijah: Batmobile
4. You are talking with someone who has never traveled, where is the first place you tell them to go and why?
- Curtis: Washington DC because it showcases not only the American government but also the culture and history of the birthplace of modern democracy.
- Mishele: Rome to see the history and beauty of the ancient culture.
- Aaron: Germany to see the vast changes of a culture and to understand how changes affect the citizens. It is the perfect place to break preconceived notions with its warm people and amazing places to visit.
- Elijah: Costa Rica because it shows a different and friendly culture with exotic animals.
5. Which is your preference: Guide books, lonely planet, the internet or asking locals and other travelers?
- Curtis: Internet and other travelers
- Mishele: Internet and other travelers
- Aaron: Internet and guidebooks
- Elijah: Internet and other travelers
6. Describe your most embarrassing travel experience…
- Curtis: Hitting my head on the low door frame on the first day of our first adventure and having to ask the father of the pub owner where we were staying to take me to the ER. I ended up with a concussion.
- Mishele: Traveling by ferry to England and being called over loud speaker to return to my car only to find the car covered with police tape surrounded by police and my dog sitting in the back seat. The ferry personal had forgotten to tag the dog and he was aboard ‘illegally’.
- Aaron: Arriving in England by ferry and the only way to get off the ferry without our car was in the back of a police car. (Read here!)
- Elijah: When we were lost in Venice and we past the same shop over and over with the locals just shaking their heads.
7. Give your ‘past tense self’ one piece of advice about starting and writing a travel blog
- Curtis: Just do it!
- Mishele: Work on it every day!
- Aaron: Take the initiative.
- Elijah: Offer readers something they can’t get anywhere else.
8. Which country has the friendliest people?
- Curtis: Ireland
- Mishele: Costa Rica
- Aaron: Costa Rica
- Elijah: Ireland
9. Describe the weirdest animal or creature you have seen on your travels?
- Curtis: JaJa Binks steers (See here!)
- Mishele: Shaggy cows in England
- Aaron: Soft coated Wheaton Terrier (Albie, our dog)
- Elijah: Vampire bats in Costa Rica
10. Where will your next trip take you?
- Curtis: Scotland/Ireland
- Mishele: Scotland/Ireland
- Aaron: Scotland/Ireland
- Elijah: Scotland/Ireland
- If you were reborn as an animal, what animal would you be?
- If you had a million dollars, what would you spend your money on?
- How far out of your way are you willing to go to see a unique place?
- When were you the most awe struck while traveling?
- Would you rather return to your favorite location or travel to somewhere new?
- Are you a planner or a spontaneous traveler?
- What type of accommodations to you use while traveling? (Hostels, local B & B, upscale hotels)
- Share a story about a time you got lost in a foreign country.
- What is your favorite souvenir from your travels?
- Where are you traveling to next?